Thursday, October 23, 2008

Embellishments and Buttons!






Wow! The time has really gotten away from me as I realize that I haven't blogged all month! Well..just to catch you up. New puppy! FunFunFun Soap Class and now a polymer clay class on embellishments and buttons. This is going to be a load of fun. I'm teaching at Sew Unique, here in Mountain Home. Oct. 29th from 6 to 8:30. The cost is 25.00 and you can get all the info and sign up at Sew Unique on 9th Street. we are going to be doing large embellishments for quilts and wall hangings with beaded dangles. These are made with rubber stamps so anything goes! We are also going to learn a cane technique for the buttons. Hope to see you there!


As far as other polymer clay or jewelry news, I don't really have any other than I have made a ton of new poly clay pendants and doo dads. And more gemstone bracelets and earrings. I need to make a trip to home depot for some copper wire. I love that chunky, organic look. Almost industrial! I make the pendants with both copper, sterling, and annealed wire. It's so neat that the same pendant mix can be either very refined and classic looking or fun and casual, just depending on how you finish it. I am teaching a pendant class at Ridgecrest in November, the date is still undecided but we will figure it out soon.

No comments: